Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh, Binary Code...

Today we learned about 4 more definitions for words in our Basic Computer Glossary. We also learned how to understand the binary code! I didn't know what it all represented when I saw it like 3 years ago on some news chanel focusing on a technical story, but now thankfully I do. We learned the numbers 1 - 12 (000 0000, 000 0001, and so on). Noting that the lowest number possible is 000 0000, and the highest 111 1111, we were able to find how many unique codes there can be made using this 7-bit code (128). Personally I like it better when our class learns like this because we're able to ask each other questions right away and are able to understand better when Mr. Arkin is teaching us on the spot. While using computers, I've noticed in class it gets a little distracting, but at the same time very helpful (if we use our time wisely).

I'm going to go finish my other homework now :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

No comments:

Post a Comment